*** Awarded Artist’s Residency, A.I.R. Vallauris, France, 2018 ***
*** Presenter, 2018 NAEA National Convention, Seattle, WA, 2018 ***
2017 . . . .
- “Clay on the Wall”, LHUCA (Louis Hopkins Underwood Center for the Arts), Lubbock, TX. / Juror: Glen R. Brown
- “Me, Myself, and I”, Clay Art Center, Port Chester, NY. / Juror: Kathy King
- "2017 International Louisiana Printmaking Exhibition", F. J. Taylor Visual Arts Center, School of Design, Louisiana Tech University, Ruston, LA. / Juror: Ben Hickey, Curator of Collections and Exhibitions at the Masur Museum of Art, Monroe, LA
- “Encounters”, Creative Alliance, Baltimore, MD. / One-woman exhibition
- “CREATE/CHANGE”, Hillyer Art Space, International Arts & Artists, Washington, DC. Curator: Mary Early
- “Ink It: Contemporary Print Practices”, BlackRock Center for the Arts, Germantown, MD. Curator: Helen Frederick
- “Alchemical Vessels: The Night Journey”, Joan Hisaoka Healing Arts Gallery, Washington, DC. Curator: Helen Frederick
“The Feminist Opposition”, Hera Gallery, Wakefield, RI. Curator: Jessica Hong, Curatorial Assistant, Institute for Contemporary Art, Boston, MA
2017, 2012, 2010 . . . .
- “Annual McNeese Works on Paper”, McNeese State University, Lake Charles, LA.
2016 . . . .
- "Pushovers Unite!”, Baltimore Clayworks, Baltimore, MD. One-woman exhibition
- "Coming About", Art Connection in the Capital Region, Maryland Art Place, Baltimore, MD.
- "MAP’s 35th Anniversary Exhibition", Maryland Art Place, Baltimore, MD.
- "Southern Miss Ceramics National", The University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS. Juror: Brian Harper
- "Inspired Lines: Drawing Biennial 2016", Appleton Museum of Art, Ocala, FL.
- "Maryland Artist Registry Juried Exhibition", Maryland Art Place, Baltimore, MD. Guest Juror: Gamynne Guillotte, Baltimore Museum of Art Juried Exhibition
2015 . . . .
- "Us, Oh Yeah!", Ma Petite Shoe + Café, Baltimore, MD. One-woman exhibition
- "Old Enough To Know Better", Crane Arts Building, Philadelphia, PA. Jurors: Eileen Neff and Diane Burko
- "Vibrant Communities", Joan Hisaoka Gallery, Washington, DC. Juror: Julie Ann Cavnor, Executive Director, The Art Connection in the Capital Region
- "35th Anniversary Exhibition", Baltimore Clayworks, Baltimore, MD. Juror: Deborah Bedwell, Former Director
- “Transformation: Art of All Mediums”, Pyramid Atlantic Art Center, Silver Spring, MD.
- “Putting the Pieces Together: An Exhibition to Address What is Broken”, Baltimore Clayworks, Baltimore, MD. Juried Exhibition Juror: Sarah McCann
- “Graphic Clay: A Survey of Illustrated, Printed and Innovative Surfaces”, Baltimore Clayworks, Baltimore, MD. Juried Exhibition Juror: Jason Bige Burnett
2014 . . . .
- “Prototypes”, Case[werks], Baltimore, MD. Juror: Lori Rubeling
- “Dealing with Trauma through Art Making”, Holy Family University Art Gallery, Philadelphia, PA
- “35 33 35”, School 33 Art Center, Baltimore, MD. Invitational
- “Experience Transformation; The Impact of Clay”, Creative Alliance, Baltimore, MD. Group exhibition
- “Pinocchio and The Challenges of Becoming a Human Being”, The Gordon Center for the Performing Arts, Owings Mills, MD. One-woman exhibition
2013 . . . .
- “Broad Spectrum”, Delaware Center for the Contemporary Arts, Wilmington, DE. Juried Exhibition Juror: Molly Donovan
- “64 ARTS 2013”, Buchanan Center for the Arts, Monmouth, IL. Juried Exhibition Juror: April Gornik
- “States of Mind”, University of Maryland, College Park, MD. Juried Exhibition
- “Collectors’ Choice”, Sylvia White Gallery, Los Angeles, CA. Juried Exhibition
- “TEXTURE: The Person and Nature”, School 33 Art Center, Baltimore, MD. Curator: Jan Hanvik
- The Banana Factory, Bethlehem, PA. One-woman exhibition of paintings, drawings, mixed media and relief sculptures.
- The Kathleen Cullen Gallery, New York, NY. One-woman exhibition of drawings and prints.
2012 . . . .
- Xavier University, Cincinnati, OH. Group exhibition Curator: M. Katherine Uetz.
- Puppetry Arts Institute, Lancaster, MO. Curator: Diane Houk. Selected pieces from the Pinocchio series.
- Himmelfarb Gallery, Tai Sophia Institute, Columbia, MD. One-woman exhibition of paintings, drawings, prints and installation Curator: John Wilson.
2011 . . . .
- Sylvia White Gallery, Ventura, CA. Juried by Sylvia White.
- Danville Museum of Fine Arts, Danville, VA. One-woman exhibition of paintings, drawings, and prints.
2010 . . . .
- Rosemont College, Rosemont, PA. One-woman exhibition of paintings, drawings, and prints.
2009, 2008 . . . .
- Gallery at 100 East Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD. Exhibition of prints and drawings, sponsored by Jordan Faye Contemporary, Art Consultant.
2008 . . . .
- Orange County Center for Contemporary Art, Santa Ana, CA, Exhibition of drawings.
- Baltimore Museum of Art Print Fair, Baltimore, Maryland Institute College of Art, Dolphin Press.
2007 . . . .
- ARTdc, Pyramid Atlantic, Washington, D.C. Prints exhibited.
- Kenyon College, Gambier, Ohio. One-woman exhibition of prints and paintings.
2006 . . . .
- “Here and Now,” Maryland Institute College of Art, Baltimore, MD. Exhibit of works by Maryland State Arts Council Individual, Artist Awards Recipients.
2002 . . . .
- September 11, Notre Dame College. Baltimore, MD. Curator: Sandy Wexler.
2000 . . . .
- Gomez Gallery, Baltimore, MD. Show of prints sponsored by Goya Girl Press in Baltimore.
2000-1989 . . . .
- Maryland Institute College of Art, Baltimore, MD. Participated in all Annual Faculty Exhibitions.
1995 . . . .
- “View from Baltimore to Washington,” University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD. Curator: Angela Adams, National Museum of Women in the Arts.
1994 . . . .
- Gallery K, Washington, DC. One-person exhibition of paintings and prints.
- MIA Gallery, Seattle, WA. One-person show of paintings and drawings.
1992 . . . .
- McDonogh Annual Juried Exhibition, McDonogh, MD. Juror: Carter Ratcliff.
SELECTED PUBLIC COLLECTIONS
- 2012 - Purchase Award, McNeese University, Lake Charles, LA. Juror: Lynn Gumpert, Director of New York University's Grey Art Gallery.
- 2007 - U.S. State Department, Art Bank Program.
- 2000 - Kenyon College, Gambier, Ohio.
- 2018 - Awarded Artist’s Residency, A.I.R. Vallauris, France.
- 2017 - Awarded Artist’s Residency, Arquetopia International Residency, Mexico.
- 2016 - Awarded Artist's Residency, Virginia Center for the Creative Arts.
- 2016 - Awarded Artist's Residency, The Jentel Artist Residency Program, Wyoming.
- 2016 - MAP IMPRINT 2016, Maryland Art Place, Baltimore, MD.
- 2012, 11, 09, 08, 07, 06 - Artist's Residency, awarded by the University of Maryland at Towson, MD.
- 2006 - Artist's Grant, awarded by Maryland Institute College of Art, four week residency in France.
- 2005, 1999 - Individual Artist Award in Painting, sponsored by the Maryland State Arts.
- 1997, 92, 90, 86 - City Arts Grant, sponsored by the Baltimore Mayor's Advisory Committee on Art and Culture.
- 2017 - “100days100women”, a daily blog celebrating women artists / Juror: Henry Martin
- 2013 - Mendelsohn, J., “Re-Writing History.” dart International 16.1 2013.
- 2013 - Hrbacek, M., “Mia Halton at Kathleen Cullen Fine Art.” NY Arts Magazine Summer 2013.
- 2013 - Beer, J., “Up & Upcoming – Art-Rated’s Picks,” Art-Rated, February 1, 2013, http://art-rated.com/?p=813
- 2010 - Philadelphia Inquirer, Philadelphia, PA. October. "Human Soup" at Rosemont College, reviewed by Victoria Donohoe.
- 2009 - ARTnews, New York, NY. Ann J. Landi, essay, “Mia Halton”.
- 1998 - The Baltimore Sun, Baltimore, MD. August. Feature article in “City Paces” magazine supplement.
- 1996 - The Baltimore Sun, Baltimore, MD. July. "Two-artist show at Towson evokes thought, memory," John Dorsey, Art Critic.
- 1994 - National Museum of Women in the Arts, Washington, D.C. Lecture by Angela Adams.
- 1992 - The New Mexican, Santa Fe, NM. May. "Mia Halton's paintings reveal bold complexities and depths," reviewed by Candelora Versace.
- 1991 - Plain Dealer, Cleveland, OH. January. "Touching on Humanity," Helen Cullinan, Art Critic.
- 1990 - The Baltimore Sun, Baltimore, MD. April. "McDonogh exhibit," Mike Giuliano, Sun Staff.
- 1988 - The Columbus Dispatch, Columbus, OH. October. “Halton mixes fun with threats,” Jacqueline Hall, Art Critic.
- 1986 - The Baltimore Sun, Baltimore, MD. June. “Girl Talk' is a provocative exhibit,” Sujata Banerjee, Sun Staff.
- 2018 - Presenter, 2018 NAEA National Convention, Seattle, WA
- 2008-1998 - Created and ran a successful fabric design business.
- 1985 - Maryland Institute College of Art, Baltimore, MD. MFA in painting.
- 1973 - Kenyon College, Gambier, Ohio. BA with Honors.
- 2005, 1999 - Individual Artist Award in Painting, sponsored by the Maryland State Arts Council.